Cash payments from an individual to a business or between businesses are authorized up to €1,000. This limit is raised to €15,000 if the tax domicile of the person making the payment is located abroad and he/she is making a purchase for him or herself.
Debit cards have withdrawal limits for security reasons. This limit varies depending on the type of card you have. To ensure your card is not blocked, compliance with this limit is essential.
These limits are provided by your bank to:
- Protect you in the event of theft (people who may have stolen your card will only be able to use it in a restricted manner until you cancel it).
- Help you manage your money by forcing you to limit your spending.
Example: contactless payment in France on most cards = €50 maximum
There is no specific limit in our stores for customers who pay by debit card. It all depends on your card and your bank. The same applies to bank cards registered in digital wallets: it all depends on the specific policy of the wallet (Apple Pay, Google Pay, WeChat, etc.)
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- What payment methods are accepted in your stores?
- What currencies can I use for payment?
- What are the payment limits?
- How do I pay with WeChat or Alipay?
- How do I receive an invoice?
- Will I be charged for international bank fees?
- What do the different payment authorization messages sent by my bank mean?