Exemption from tax at stores inside the customs zone depends on the traveler’s destination, not on nationality or origin. The boarding pass serves as legal proof, and is requested during checkout.
Spirits, tobacco, fashion, and ready-to-wear products
Passengers traveling to countries outside the European Union or to French overseas departments or territories can enjoy duty-free prices on spirits and tobacco.
In contrast, passengers traveling to countries within the European Union pay all taxes (duty paid) on spirits and tobacco.
Perfume, beauty products, food, and electronics
All other product categories in our stores are available at Duty Free Export prices regardless of your destination (perfume, beauty products, food, electronics, etc.). This distinction between product categories is due to current French customs policy, which covers operators working at the airport.
Special conditions for the United Kingdom
Starting from January 1, 2021, new pricing conditions may apply to your items depending on whether you are traveling between the European Union and the United Kingdom.
For more information, visit the French customs website directly by clicking here.
To view customs exemptions for each destination, visit the IATA TRAVEL CENTRE website directly by clicking here (updated regularly).
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- List of stores
- What should I know about customs rules? (Product quotas according to destination, layovers, etc.)
- What does the term “Duty Free” mean?
- Who are the “Duty Free” prices for?
- Who can buy duty-free?
- What are the advantages of the My Paris Aéroport loyalty program in BuYPARIS DUTY FREE stores?
- How do I find out the purchasing quotas?
- Are liquids/creams/pastes/gels allowed in transit?
- How can I take advantage of the tourist tax refund?
- I am buying or traveling with a product subject to CITES, what should I know?