In January 2014, the European Union (EU) implemented new security regulations concerning the control of Liquids, Aerosols, and Gels (LAGs) under ICAO(International Civil Aviation Organization) and ETRC (European Travel Retail Council) standards.
Since then, travelers may now bring LAGs through airport security only in the countries listed in the new security regulations, and only if they are contained in official, sealed, and transparent bags (also called “STEB” bags).
When you buy LAGs in BuYPARIS Duty Free stores, your products will automatically be delivered to you with a STEB bag in accordance with these regulations, if the purchase was made in a store in the public area of Roissy-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports, or if the passenger flight is indirect and has a layover (or connection).
For indirect flights with a connection, the passenger must go through another security check in order to board the next flight at the transit airport. Passengers may bring Liquids, Aerosols, and Gels (LAG) purchased in the BuYPARIS DUTY FREE stores located in Roissy-Charles de Gaulle and Paris-Orly airports. The items are then given to you in a sealed airport security bag (a “STEB” bag).
In rare cases, the passenger may have his/her products confiscated despite compliance with these rules. Confiscation of the products may be the result of a unilateral decision by the customs authorities or security services of the transit or destination country, or the application of a domestic rule. Such actions do not comply with current international rules enacted by theICAO and theETRC. In such cases, passengers are advised to contact the customs authorities of the transit or destination country, or the security service of the airport where the confiscation was made.
Was this article helpful?
Articles in this section
- List of stores
- What should I know about customs rules? (Product quotas according to destination, layovers, etc.)
- What does the term “Duty Free” mean?
- Who are the “Duty Free” prices for?
- Who can buy duty-free?
- What are the advantages of the My Paris Aéroport loyalty program in BuYPARIS DUTY FREE stores?
- How do I find out the purchasing quotas?
- Are liquids/creams/pastes/gels allowed in transit?
- How can I take advantage of the tourist tax refund?
- I am buying or traveling with a product subject to CITES, what should I know?